This weeks 5 Frugal things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

Our seasons are changing, with longer and warmer days, we have also had some welcomed rain, there is something in rain that you don't get out of a tap, that's for sure. I spent last weekend at home, which was so lovely, I think you all know by now that I love my home and derive so much joy from just pottering about at home. If someone said"You have two choices, go out shopping or stay at home " I would choose home, every time.

I have so many ideas that I want to try and bit by bit I am getting to those ideas, by staying at home, when I have the chance. As always, most of those ideas involve being frugal and kind to the environment. At the moment, I am experimenting making beeswax wraps to replace plastic wrap. I will let you know how I go.

So, this weeks 5 frugal things on a Friday are-

1. Made some magnificent golden chicken stock from the carcass of Sundays Roast Chicken. I have plenty of Sorrel growing at the moment and I want to make a classic Sorrel Soup.


2. Cleaned the showers with home made shower cleaner. This one is my favourites at the moment


3. Finished the little baby quilt for a lovely co-worker. I have some beautiful pre cuts that I bought ages ago, I want to make them into an "I Spy" quilt. Just another of those ideas I want to make a reality. I want to make it for my little grand nieces for Christmas.


4. Stayed home all last weekend to catch up on the house work after my little holiday away the previous week. I also made a batch of passionfruit butter from home grown passionfruit and some home made muesli bars



5. Packed my lunch everyday, this was yesterdays morning tea and lunch, nothing really exciting, just real, good food. Morning tea was a slice of sourdough fruit and spice loaf with butter and vegemite and a Cacao chia pudding. Lunch was a cheese toastie (toastie maker provided by work) and some small tomatoes and pineapple and lets not forget my treat-a piece of dark chocolate. I pack cutlery as well, as like most work places, we have a dozen wonky forks and little else.


So, tell me, Dear Reader, what did you get up to on the frugal front?

2 comments

  1. We visited my husbands grandparents last week and she gave me a jar of homemade lemon butter. What do you eat your passion fruit butter with? We stuck to our budget but booked some xmas flights to Brisbane with my family - they were desperate for us to go but the flights were expensive. Normally I say no but I really want to see them and share xmas with them - I'll just star putting away some extra money for the little trip xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, we eat lemon or passion fruit butter with fresh bread , or mixed in Greek yoghurt or even in between a sponge cake with fresh cream, delish.
      It's lovely to look forward to a family holiday, you know what they say , if you don't plan you don't do ! Have a fab Friday
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top