Date, Chia, Nut and Sesame, Bliss Balls


Hello Dear Reader,


Last weekend, I thought I would make up something healthy and delicious for morning teas for the coming week. I wanted something really quick and easy, with not too many ingredients. Enter this fantastic little recipe. I made mine in the Thermomix, but any food processor would be up to the challenge. I love the idea of "Bliss Balls" as you can just about use any ingredient combination you like, (although, not kale and sardine, yuk) roll them in something yummy (or leave them nude) and voila, the perfect mouthful.

Ingredients for Date, Chia and Sesame Bliss Balls, clockwise from top right-
3 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted, 3 tablespoon chia seeds, 65 grams of macadamias
and 80 grams cashews, lightly roasted, 200 grams dates, 1 1/2 tablespoon honey

In the TM bowl add the dates, chia seeds and honey, blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds

Scrape down sides and blitz again on speed 7 for 10 seconds, this forms the "glue" that sticks everything together

Then add the roasted nuts and blitz again on speed 7 for 10 seconds, scrap down. I like a fine texture in my Bliss Balls so I blitzed again on speed 7 for 10 seconds. You judge for yourself what texture you like

After being blitzed a second and final time

Toasted sesame seeds on the left and date, chia and nut mixture on the right, ready for rolling 

Roll heaped teaspoon full of date, chia and nut mixture to form a ball and then roll in toasted sesame seeds

Quick, health and delicious

So, tell me, what do like to have for morning tea as a little treat?

No comments

Back to Top