One Pan Mexican Chicken with Quinoa


Hello Dear Reader,

I try and make a variety of dinners and I am always looking for new, quick, healthy recipes that don't require a lot of fancy ingredients, this recipe ticks all those boxes and is delicious to boot. I found the recipe on Mels Kitchen Cafe blog and I have altered the recipe to use a chilli sauce instead of the Poblano chilli called for in the recipe, as I couldn't find that particular kind of chilli at my local supermarket. I think next time I make this, I will substitute a green capsicum for the Poblano chilli. I also think the sauce I used worked well, although good old sweet chilli sauce might work as well, and give the dish a little kick of chilli without too much heat.

Ingredients for One Pan Mexican Chicken with Quinoa, clockwise from top right-
2 cups frozen corn kernels, 500 grams chicken thigh fillets, 1x400 gram can of black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups of dried black beans cooked in the slow cooker) 1 cup grated mature cheese, 2 heaped tablespoon chill sauce (however hot you like it) 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano, 1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped, 1 teaspoon cumin, juice of 1 lime, 2 cups of quinoa, rinsed well and drained, 2 cup chicken stock and 450 grams tomato passata 

Dice chicken 

Chop oregano finely 

Heat a heavy based, non stick pan to medium high heat, add chicken and what ever chilli sauce you are using 

Sauté until chicken is cooked through 

Add all other ingredients, except the corn and lime juice to the pan 

Give everything a good stir, reduce heat to medium low 

Pop a lid on the frypan and let cook away on a lowish heat for 20 minutes 

Meanwhile cut up an avocado and tomatoes and finely chop the coriander. These are your accompaniments for this dish 

Add the corn and the lime juice 

And give it a good stir 

Finally, add the grated cheese and again give it a good stir 

A fantastic, quick, one pan dish, that is delicious and nutritious. What's not to love? 

Serve with sour cream, avocado, tomatoes and coriander. YUM!

So, tell me, what one pan recipe do you make and love?

1 comment

Back to Top