What we bought, spent and ate this week


Hello Dear Reader,

Last Saturday to Monday afternoon, Lovely Hubby and Son went on a fishing competition up the coast, so they weren't around for dinners on Saturday and Sunday. As such, I was able to put 2 meals in the freezer, from leftovers. My Mother in law eats like a baby bird and I don't eat a big dinner either so there was plenty of food leftovers from those two dinners.

I also made my "Get-ahead" spaghetti sauce which makes a mountain of a meal. My Mother in law and I had it with fettuccini on Sunday night and on Monday I turned it into my Easy Lasagna. There was still 1 kg of sauce left over so I froze it down for another time. I rarely have leftovers so to have a few ready meals in the freezer is such a bonus. We will probably have them next week when my Mother in law is in hospital for her usual treatment.

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI, Woolworths and Nothlings Prime Meats 
What we spent

ALDI-$ 111.90
Woolworths-$50.38
Coles-$7.90 (extras, bought on Friday afternoon-sour cream, dates, Tomato Passat and balloons for work, no photos, sorry)
Nothlings Prime Meats-$28.75

Total-197.23

What we ate 
Wednesday-Sorrel Soup with Super Easy Bread

Thursday-Our usual Pizza night 

Friday and Saturday-One Pan Mexican Chicken and Quinoa 

Sunday-Get-ahead Spaghetti sauce with Fettuccini 

Monday-Easy Lasagne with steamed Broccolini 

Tuesday-BBQ chicken with coleslaw and mashed potatoes from home grown potatoes. The Chicken and coleslaw was left over from the fishing trip that lovely hubby and son went on. It was on refrigeration the whole time so it was still perfect. Sweet, a night off from cooking

So, over to you, do you have a supply of great leftovers in the freezer, that you can use when you simply don't have the time or energy to cook?

No comments

Back to Top