Chickpea, Yoghurt and Coriander Dip

Hello Dear Reader,

I love chickpeas, they are the king of pulses! And did you know that this year is International Year of the Pulse? I cook chickpeas in bulk in the slow cooker and freeze them down into portions. I would totally recommend cooking them this way as they turn out really soft and plump, not grainy or gritty at all. I always have an abundance of coriander, as I grow the perennial kind and I almost always have greek yoghurt in the house as well, so this little dip came together very easily!

Ingredients for Chickpea, Yoghurt and Coriander Dip, clockwise from top right-
1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander, 1 teaspoon Cumin, 1x400gram can of chickpea, drained and rinsed or 250 gram of slow cooked chickpeas, 1 fat clove of garlic, a small bunch of Coriander or 6 blades of Perennial Coriander, Salt and Pepper to taste and 60 grams of Greek Yoghurt

Roughly chop the Coriander and the Garlic clove

Put Garlic and Coriander in the TM bowl
And blitz for 5 seconds on speed 7, scrape down sides
Add all other ingredients and blitz for 20 seconds on speed 5, scrape down and repeat
Smooth and delicious Chickpea, Yoghurt and Coriander Dip

So, tell me, Dear Reader, how do you incorporate pulses into your diet?

No comments

Back to Top