Darsha's Amazing Dark Chocolate Cupcakes


Hello Dear Reader,


I have had this recipe for about four years and still hadn't made it, until now. A work colleague (The lovely Darsha) gave me this recipe years ago when she was leaving our work place. She had made these amazing little cupcakes to bring in on her last day, and oh my, they were incredible. Even all these years later I still remember how gorgeous they were.

They are rich, but being in a little cupcake, they are just the perfect portion. Fantastic on their own but even better with good vanilla ice-cream and whipped vanilla cream. When I asked for the recipe, she was able to rattle it off from memory, it must have be a well used recipe! I have used all dark chocolate, but if you like your chocolate more on the milk side, go ahead and substitute milk for dark, or a combination of both would also work. So, thanks Darsha, this is truly an amazing recipe!

Ingredients for Darsha's Amazing Dark Chocolate Cupcakes, Clockwise from top right-
1 cup plain flour, 2 teaspoons vanilla essence, 1/2 cup cocoa/cacao, 200 grams butter, 1 tablespoon instant coffee, 200 grams dark chocolate, 2 eggs, 400 gram can coconut milk,
2 cups sugar, 3/4 cup SR flour 

Melt butter and dark chocolate together over low heat, let cool 

Beat eggs and vanilla together and set aside 

To a bowl, add all the dry ingredients 

And whisk until combined and aerated 

Add the can of coconut milk to the egg and vanilla mixture and whisk well 

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well 

Continue mixing until well incorporated, spoon into cupcake papers and bake in a preheated 175 C oven for 15 to 18 minutes, they should be just cooked. Let cool before icing

Icing 

Ingredients for icing, 125 grams butter and 200 grams dark chocolate 

Melt the butter and add the chocolate, pop back on very low heat and let all chocolate melt into the butter.

Once all the chocolate has melted, put back into the fridge to firm up. It becomes the softest most spreadable icing ever 

I made these little beauties for my Daughters Birthday recently, they were a hit with everyone. My idea for displaying the cupcakes didn't work out and I was disappointed that I didn't put more effort in, but they were still delicious 




So, tell me, whats a favourite cake or cupcakes, you make, for family birthdays?

No comments

Back to Top