What we bought, spent and ate this week


Hello Dear Reader,

We have had our Daughter and her Partner home for the last little while, and it was so lovely, they came down to celebrate her birthday and we had a big family lunch on Sunday. It was a lot of work but so worth it. Everything turned out lovely with lots of good food and much fun and laughter.

I was so enjoying myself that I didn't really take many photos, which is just such a shame. After lovely Hubby and I had finished cleaning up that night, except for washing the tablecloths and napkins, it was as if nothing had ever happened. I did manage to take a photo of one of the salads I made and a few quick photos of the "Birthday Cupcakes" and the Birthday girl, but that was it.

It was an expensive weekly shop, this past week, with extra loved ones at home, but it is still cheaper than going out for dinner every night, don't you think?

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI and Woolworths. You might notice the bought loaf of bread and fruit and spice loaf, I simply haven't had time to bake bread. I will get back into the swing of making bread soon 

Shopping from Coles. With fruit and veg, I only buy enough for what we will use in the week ahead. I see no sense in buying big prepackaged bags of carrots, onions and potatoes if I won't be using them in that coming week 

What we spent

ALDI-$103.10
Woolworths-$87.20
Coles-$21.11 + extra later in the week $27.93
Nothlings Quality Meats-$109.21 (not pictured, we bought beef mince, bacon, pork belly and chuck steak, we don't usually buy that much meat)
Total-$348.55 Holy Cow - that's a lot of money!!

What we ate
Wednesday-Mince and Egg with Steamed Basmati Rice and Asian Greens 

Thursday-Pizza Night, I think this will be the last pizza night for a while, we are all sick of pizza! 

Friday-Pearl Perch and My Big Tossed Salad 

Saturday and Tuesday-Slow Cooker Massaman Beef Curry, I served it with steamed basmati rice, natural yoghurt and papadums 


Sunday and Monday- For lunch on Sunday we had Roast Belly Pork, Roast Spatchcocked Chicken and the two salads you see above. The top one is a Potato, Watercress and Avocado and the bottom one is Broccoli Salad. We were so full from lunch that we skipped dinner

So, over to you, what did you buy, spend and eat this week? 

5 comments

  1. We just came back from a cruise to New Caledonia and we're looking to cut costs this week. We usually spend $350 for a family of seven but managed to spend around $220. Out to dinner tonight though for our 19th wedding anniversary so more $ will be spent there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, I hope you both had a lovely cruise and 19th wedding anniversary, congratulations. Have a wonderful weekend
      Fi

      Delete
  2. I made a vegetable tagine and, as we are heading in to winter, a couple of gratins - a celeriac one and a fennel one. The highlight this week was a new recipe I tried - a roasted carrot salad, with chickpeas, pomegranate seeds and feta - it was so tasty we had it again the next day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Syrasuzie,
      That roasted carrot recipes sound wonderful, what a great combination of flavours. Have a wonderful weekend.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top