What we bought, spent and ate this week


Hello Dear Reader,

Well, that week went by quickly, didn't it? These weeks are just flying by! It seems we just do a menu and grocery shop and its time to do it again. Over the very hot weekend I did some things I really enjoy, sewing and gardening. I made a little cutlery wrap for a gift and lovely Hubby and I removed the spent potting mix from the veggie pod. We re-filled it with 6 new bags of good quality potting mix, a bag of cow poo and perlite. I have replanted the parsley and perennial coriander back in the pod and hopefully they will thrive in their new lush potting mix. I will wait for week or two until the mix has settled before I buy some veggie seedling to plant out. Once I have done that I will do a post about the veggie pod and how it works.

I am a bit of a pale green thumb when it comes to gardening, I love the idea of gardening, but it takes a lot of work and energy to maintain a good healthy garden. I simply don't have that time and energy to spare. I look forward to one day being able to plant out and maintain a really productive, all year round, garden. Until then I will have to be content with the few herbs, fruit and veggies we are able to grow to supplement our weekly grocery needs.

This is what has been happening on the food front at our place-

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI, Nothling Brothers Quality Meats and Woolworths

What we spent
ALDI-$73.45
Woolworths-$45.21
Coles-$7.35( extra items purchased during the week-1 Granny Smith Apple, Own Brand Rolled Oats and 3 bunches of Bok Choy, they were a good special, at 3 bunches for $5.00)
Nothlings Quality Meats-$16.47
Total-$142.48 that is so much better than last weeks outrageous $348.55

What we ate 

Wednesday-Creamy Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta Bake with steamed Broccoli 

Thursday-My Mother in law shouted us Chicken Ho Fun from our local Chinese Restaurant. We were all sick of Pizza, so something from China Corner will be on the menu, instead 

Friday-Panfried Scorpion Cod and my big tossed salad with Basil and Balsamic Dressing

Saturday-Lentil and Pumpkin Savoury Rolls, steamed potato with herby yoghurt, English spinach and some homemade tomato relish 

Sunday-Spice Beef, steamed basmati rice and broccolini 

Monday and Tuesday-Steamed Pearl Perch with soy, pickled ginger and spring onion. It was such a huge fillet of fish, it easily fed us for two nights 

We served it with steamed basmati rice and Broccolini on Monday night and had Bok Choy with it on Tuesday night

Thats a wrap. What was on your family table this week? What are you cooking more of, now that the season has changed? 

No comments

Back to Top