Salmon and Potato Frittata

Hello Dear Reader,

As I have written before, I love to collect recipes and have one huge and two smaller binders that I keep the torn out, scribbled down or photocopied recipes in. Next year I am doing a big clean/sort out /de-junking/minimising of the whole house, top to bottom, every draw, cupboard and basket. As part of that escapade, these recipe binders are going to get the same treatment, so I am starting to go through them to see what recipes I want to keep. This is one such recipe, and true to form it was  photocopied from a magazine, probably from work, ages ago. It is a winner, a great little quick and nutritious recipe that is both filling and really delicious.

Ingredients for Salmon and Potato Frittata, clockwise from top right
7 eggs, 1 medium onion, chopped finely, 2 tablespoons chives or garlic chives, 1 x 220 gram tin of Salmon (pink or red), drained, skin and bones removed and flaked, 1/2 cup grated cheese, 500 grams potato, peeled and cubed into 2 cm dice
Sauté the onion until transparent, remove from pan and set aside
Add a small amount of oil and sauté the potato cubes until they take on a little colour, now turn heat down to low, pop on a lid and let steam for 10 minutes or until softned
Return the sautéed onion to the pan with the potatoes and add the salmon
Evenly distribute all of the ingredients
Pour over eggs that have been whisked with the chives, now scatter over the grated cheese
Cook Frittata on low until almost set
Finish frittata off under a hot grill


Nice and easy, full of goodness and delicious. Just add steamed greens or a salad for the perfect quick meal. Just what you need at this busy time of year.

Over to you, what is your go to, quick and easy meal, during a busy time?


4 comments

  1. We must be on the same wave length, it is my goal this coming year to clean and declutter EVERY draw and cupboard in this house too!
    I haven't done it in so long, because it is a big job and somewhat overwhelming, not to mention time consuming, but I've formulated a plan to do it a very little bit at a time, one cupboard a week if that's all I can do.
    The frittata looks great, I think I will put that on this week's menu plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,
      I actually am a little overwhelmed myself at the task I have set myself, but I think once I get going I will be okay. I have been reading up on minimising and de-cluttering lately and my goal is to only keep what I love and have less stuff at the end. Right at this moment I can think of two handbags sitting in my wardrobe that haven't seen the light of day for years, they will definitely be going. Other items will probably be harder to let go of. Let's see how we go, hey?
      Fi

      Delete
  2. Recipe collecting- I love doing it too. I started when I was about 9 years old. My grandfather had an old typewritter that I would use to type out recipes from books borrowed from the library. Those were the days....
    The frittata looks delicious. Will try it out.
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you and your family a Fantastic New Year.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful memory, typing out recipes borrowed from the library, those were the days indeed! Things just happened slower then, didn't they? We did have a lovely Christmas Day and I wish you and your family a lovely New Year too.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top