Whipped Herby Ricotta Dip


Hello Dear Reader,

I love ricotta, anyway it comes, savoury or sweet, it is such a versatile cheese and such a simple one to make. It is like a creamy blank canvas that is delicious and nutritious. I have been making ricotta for years and then using the whey it produces in pancakes and also in the garden, when I have too much. I usually make a baked ricotta but this time I wanted more of a dip or spread for crackers. Enter this fabulous little recipe, who knew you could whip ricotta? I didn't, until now.

Ingredients for Whipped Herby Ricotta Dip, clockwise from bottom right-
a good handful of mint and parsley, chopped finely, 1 to 2 garlic gloves, grated on a microplane, zest of one lemon, 1 to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 450 grams of ricotta, salt and pepper to taste 

Add the ricotta to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat for 1 to 2 minutes 

Until it is super smooth

Add all other ingredients, using just one tablespoon of lemon juice at this stage

And mix well, check for seasoning, if it requires anymore lemon juice, add the extra tablespoon now and mix again

Delicious and light, perfect with brown rice crackers and veggie sticks (carrot, celery and red capsicum)

So, tell me, what is you favourite way to serve ricotta? 

2 comments

  1. OK...it has been a while since I made ricotta or cottage cheese. Now I am craving the taste after that post. I just might get cracking this week and make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always comment, but I love your recipes, I often refer back to them for my own menu plan ideas, keep them coming, they are truely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top