Banoffee Pie

Hello Dear Reader,


I tasted my first Banoffee pie, while I was working in Community Health, about 8 years ago, we had gotten together for a celebration of some sort. There was a lovely Physiotherapist I worked with and she had made and bought along a Banoffee pie. Now, I had never heard of this fantastic creation before and I was won over, instantly. I asked for the recipe and she replied "You don't need a recipe" and went on to tell me how you put one together. Well, I know most of us know what a Banoffee Pie is, but just incase someone reading doesn't, here is the "recipe".

One x biscuit crumb base. The ratio I use is 200 gram biscuits (whatever you usually use) to 75 grams of melted butter, mixed together and pressed into a pie dish. I have used up some "Healthy Rum Balls" that were a flop. The actual flavour is divine, they were just too dry. Nothing that a bit of butter won't fix up! Pop into the fridge to get cold and firm up. 

Once the biscuit base is cold and firm, pour in one tin of Dulce de Leche or Top and Fill, homemade or bought
And smooth out evenly


Slice a couple of bananas over the top of the caramel
Cover banana with softly whipped cream and grate over some dark chocolate
Just Delightful


Have you ever turned a "mistake" or a "flop" into something wonderful?


No comments

Back to Top