Easy Banana Bread, Take 2

Hello Dear Reader,


A while ago I ended up with a glut of very ripe bananas, even after using some in the spectacular Banoffee pies, I still had four, good size Cavendish Bananas, looking at me from the fruit bowl. Only one thing for it, another Banana bread. I found this recipe over at "The Prudent Homemaker"a while ago and have adapted it slightly to match the ingredients I had in the house. I always have walnuts in the house (for my homemade Muesli) and always have a good supply of honey, so this banana bread was as good as made. It's another mix and bake recipe, using a couple of bowls and a spoon or spatula, so it doesn't create a lot of mess either, Sweet!

Ingredients for Easy Banana Bread, Take 2, clockwise form top right-
3 Tablespoon oil (I use rice bran oil for everything) 1/3 cup honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 cups of mashed banana, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda, 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and 2 cup plain flour
Preheat oven to 175 C, grease and line a loaf pan, the one I used is 9" x 4 ". While the oven is preheating pop the walnuts on a lined tray and put them in the oven to lightly toast for about 5 minutes, take out and let cool
In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, honey, vanilla and salt
Add in mashed banana and mix well
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and bicarb
The add the walnuts and mix into the flour mixture
Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture
And mix well
Turn into prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 35 to 40 minutes. Every oven is different though, so start checking at 35 minutes.
Beautiful, as is or toasted with butter


What do you do with excess fruit at your place?

5 comments

  1. Banana bread is something I make often whenever I am gifted bananas or can buy over-ripe bananas cheaply. My favourite recipe comes from a cookbook called "The Art of Nourishing".
    It uses almond meal as well as spelt flour and is delicious. I make it and freeze slices ready for breakfasts when we are feeling like something other than toast or omelet. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will have to try this one as well. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! I like that there are no eggs. I used your idea for fritters from a previous post: my husband loved them!
    I've just started coming here and have already learned quite a bit.
    I think I'm going to sign off as anonymous only because I have problems with figuring out how to do the google thing. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona been reading your blogs. Lovin' your posts. Marge

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top