A New Bag, Lunch Bag and Cutlery Wrap

Hello Dear Reader,

I posted last week about the shameful state of my "sewing room". It had become a dumping ground and was just awful. There was no way you could use the space for sewing or get your creative juices going in such a messy room. BUT when it was cleaned, sorted out and looked inviting, I got back in there and did some long overdue sewing.

Clockwise from top right-
My new lunch bag, a cutlery wrap and a new bag

I have used the same pattern for both bags, I have used this pattern many time as it is simple and you can make it any size you like. My lunch bag is skinny and tall with 3 x 5 inch squares wide and 4 x 5 inch squares tall, I originally didn't have handles on it, just making it a fold over with a button and loop but I missed being able to carry it, so I unpicked it, made handles, threaded them through and sewed it closed again, it is much more practical now.

The bag I made is the same principle, except each block is made up of 4 x 2 1/2 inch panels sewn together. Each block is slightly different with each panel of fabric in a different order. I then sewed them together with one going vertical next to one going horizontal and so on. 



And the cutlery wrap is the same as this one, exactly the same actually, as this was the prototype, I had made a mistake of where the tie goes, I had to unpick it and sew it in the proper position. Now I have one for work as well and I just love it!
 I love these bags and I now have quite the collection, when I feel like a change, I just make myself a new one, I think that will do for now, don't you think?

Have you been in your sewing room lately? What have you been making?

4 comments

  1. Gee the cutlery wrap idea for work it a goodie - gonna do that for myself I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bags and cutlery wrap, I've been wanting to make some for ages, but I don't prioritise craft time, I think that needs to change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a set of cutlery, in a clip lock bag, in the glove box of my car. I think I'd like a cutlery wrap instead now I've seen yours. Off to the craft cupboard to have a look at some fabric! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great transformation! Lots of hard work definitely paid off! I like this new bag, lunch bag and cutlery
    bag.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top