Banana Bread Pancakes

Hello Dear Reader,


I love happy coincidences, you know the sort, you are on one of your favourite blogs and then something catches your eye, like a comment or a photo and there you go, another interesting looking recipe, well, finding a wonderful little recipe, is my kind of happy coincidence. It happens quite frequently and it is usually a beautiful photo or a lovely comment that leads me there.

I have found two really beautiful recipes this past week using this highly scientific formula. They are both borrowed from Whole Nourishment, I have fiddled with the recipes to suit the ingredients I had on hand and our taste. There is no flour in either of them, but you wouldn't know it, the texture in both of these recipes is fantastic, especially this one, the Banana Bread Pancakes, they are light as a feather and taste just divine. I served ours with butter, maple syrup and farm fresh raspberries, bought on Sunday from the Redcliffe Jetty Markets.

Ingredients for Banana Bread Pancakes, clockwise from top right-
95 grams of nut butter of your choice (I used this one), 2 eggs, 1 ripe Banana, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

In a smallish mixing bowl, mash the banana

Now add the eggs, baking powder and cinnamon and mix well

Add the nut butter of choice 

And, again, mix well.

Cook in the usual way

They do colour up quickly, so keep an eye on them

Serve them warm from the pan

Your turn, where do you find your recipes?

No comments

Back to Top