Home Made Coleslaw Dressing

Hello Dear Reader,

When we go away camping I always take a container of dry slaw, that is coleslaw without the dressing. I make my coleslaw with red cabbage, celery and carrot, I then just dress the coleslaw as it's needed, prolonging the life of the veggies.


I think once any kind of salad is dressed it starts to break down because of the acids in the dressing. We had quite a lot of this dry slaw left over so we had it with sausages and mashed potato for dinner during the week. This is my go to coleslaw dressing, it is just sweet enough and just tart enough for our taste and depending on the type of mayonnaise you use, it will be more one way or the other anyway. I use good old Kewpie mayo as I love its creamy blandness, I think it lends it self to more without taking over. I want to taste all of what I am eating not just the mayo. This is made in the thermomix but really just a bowl and a whisk is all that is needed to mix it really well and give it a bit of air.
Ingredients for home made Coleslaw Dressing, clockwise from top right-
250 grams of mayonnaise of your choice, 1/4 teaspoon celery or caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon sugar

Put all ingredients into the TM bowl

And blitz for 20 seconds starting at speed 1 and increasing to speed 4, scrape down sides and repeat as before

Mix through your dry slaw and serve

YUM!

What do you put in your Coleslaw?

No comments

Back to Top