Cashew and Date Bliss Balls

Hello Dear Reader,


As I have told you before, I collect recipes from all over the place, this particular recipe was from a magazine at my hairdresser, in Redcliffe. I don't buy any sort of magazine, but I do enjoy a bit of a flick through, if they are available. The magazines my hairdresser buys are not expensive, glossy, high end magazines, but they are always full of great little recipes. Like this one, I knew when I read it, these little golden bliss balls would be just delicious, and they are. Full to the brim of nutritious ingredients and super easy to make. I left them "nude" instead of rolling them in more coconut and I am more than happy with the end result. They are not too sticky without the coating of coconut, but you can roll them in more coconut if you please.

Another bonus is that the list of ingredients is not too long, I buy the ingredients for this type of recipe from my local Coles bulk section, "Pick and Mix" bringing my own containers to reduce single use plastic coming into my home.

Ingredients for Cashew and Date Bliss Balls-clockwise from top right-
1/4 cup shredded coconut, 1 cup dates, de-seeded, 2 tablespoons pepitas, 1 cup raw cashews, 2 tablespoons each of honey and nut butter of your choice (I used homemade peanut butter) and 1/2 cup rolled oats

In the bowl TM, add the de-seeded dates, cashews and pepitas 

And blitz for 10 seconds on speed 6, scrape down and blitz again for 5 seconds on speed 5

Now add the rolled oats and coconut

And blitz again for 5 seconds on speed 5

Add the honey and nut butter

Blitz for 10 seconds on speed 5

Roll into balls, what ever size you like, mine are approximately 1 tablespoon

Pop onto a lined tray and refrigerate until firm

Store in a glass jar

These make between 20 and 24 depending on the size you roll them. They are packed with goodness and filling and just delicious with a cuppa.

1 comment

  1. You make it look so easy - I'm inspired to give this a shot

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top