Overnight Oat and Chia Breakfast Pudding

Hello Dear Reader,


I have been making these little puddings for quite a while now and just love them for either breakfast or morning tea. They are quick to make, easy to eat and full of goodness. In the morning, I top them with any combination of fruit I have in the house, homemade yoghurt and maple syrup. Because of the oats and chia seeds it is very filling and really keeps you sustained throughout the day. You can put absolutely any kind of fruit or flavouring in these gorgeously soft and healthy little puddings, you really can't go wrong. The oats and chia absorb, soften and thicken the puddings and are super comforting to eat. Can you tell I just adore them? I have even been known to have them for Sunday lunch, I love them that much!

Ingredients for Overnight Oat and Chia Puddings, clockwise from top right-
1 tablespoon sultanas, 1 teaspoon honey (or to taste) 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, 2/3 cup milk of your choice, 1/4 cup rolled oats

Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well

Now add the milk 

And give it a good stir. Cover and put into the fridge overnight

Top with fruit and yoghurt and Voila! A beautiful filling nutritious and comforting breakfast, morning tea or lunch!

Just lovely

6 comments

  1. I'd forgotten how delicious overnight oats are....that's it, gonna start doing this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really appeals to me, and I think I've got all the ingredients to make it, I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just turned 11pm here and I'm about to make this for my brekky tomorrow. I'll have freshly grated apple with it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave it a try last night and was rewarded with a very yummy breakfast. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Fiona!

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, this is a great recipe. I have IBS and this sits well with me. As well as healthy it is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jude,
      I make this every day for hubby's breakfast, he just loves it topped with fruit and yogurt. I have been adding dried cranberries instead of sultanas lately which he loves. It is really such a wholesome brekky that sticks to your ribs.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top