Hello Dear Reader,
How's your week been? Did it go by in a flash or amble along at a steady pace? Mine, as usual, went by in a flash and here we are, another Friday. I have been struggling with my energy again, and it takes all my time just to get the bare necessities done before I fall into bed.
I have been trying a few, new to me, recipes this week, both meat free and even though they were both simple meals they took a lot longer to prepare as they were new and I needed to really pay attention to the recipes. Last night dinner seemed to take an eternity to come together, only because I was tired and my brain went on strike! We did eventually eat a really delicious dinner, not too much later than we normally would, I try to aim for a 6.45pm to 7.00pm dinner so I can get into bed early. Oh, it's all about bed time!
Amongst the brain fog this is what I was able to achieve in the frugal department.
1. Cleaned labels off gifted jars, I love to collect and re-use glass jars of all shapes and size. I soak the jars in hot soapy water overnight , then just use a sharp knife to scrape the label off. If there is any residue left I hit it with eucalyptus oil, then both the lids and the jars go into the dishwasher for a thorough clean
I am pretty sure I have enough for the time being, don't you think?
2. Picked some silverbeet from the veggie pod. This silverbeet was used in a pumpkin, feta and silverbeet filo pie. This was one of those new to me, meat free recipes I tried this week. It was really delicious.
3. I used one daggy, left behind, banana to make these lovely Banana Cake Pancakes
4. Used left over roast lamb for this homemade lamb souvlaki pizza. We had a lamb roast a few Sundays ago, there was plenty of meat left over so I froze it down.
5. Packed my lunch every day to take to work, I know I include this one often, but it really is a great starting point if you want and need to save money. I always bring my tea, either tea bags or loose tea as well, as even a bought cup of tea or coffee everyday, adds up over a week. This is yesterdays lunch, leftover Pumpkin, feta and spinach pie, a white nectarine, a cashew and date bliss ball, my piece of dark chocolate and a beautiful cup of peppermint tea, bliss. We sit outside in the sunshine everyday to recharge, it's a lovely place to eat lunch.
So, thats what I have been up to on the frugal front, how's your week been?