This Weeks 5 Frugal Things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,


Well, it's the end of another week, it has actually gone by very slowly for a change. Normally my weeks are like a blur, but this is a new kind of life for all of us. We will take a while to settle into this new way of living without my Mother in law. We are still recieving some beautiful sympathy cards from friends far away who have heard the news and we have one bouquet of flowers that is still holding up well and one magnificent orchid display that is just beautiful to see every day.


My Mother in laws little dogs have also settled into a new routine with us, we have been bringing them over during the day when lovely hubby is home and then we take them back over late afternoon, after they have had their walk, we then feed them in their familiar surroundings and they stay there over night. We have our cat, Ninja, to think of as well, she has a routine where she gets let out early in the morning when I get up and she comes back in by 8am then goes to bed for the whole day (what a life) that means she is out of the way when the two, very opinionated, little Jack Russells come over. They are good dogs but I wouldn't trust them with a cat one little bit.


I am slowly getting the house back to normal after having lots of family and friends visit over the last few weeks. My poor sewing room has copped a battering with lots of "stuff" being thrown in there, when I was just too busy, to deal with later. That "later" may happen on  the weekend, we'll see.


Along with this extra work of sorting the house I have done a few frugal things like this

1. Made another batch of laundry liquid. I am currrently using this "recipe" and I have to say it is my favourite so far.

2. Rode my bike to work everyday. The seasons are finally changing and the mornings and afternoons are so lovely and cool, it is a welcomed change.


3. Cooked dinner every night using up random ingredient already at home. Over the last few weeks I have been doing lots of little shops without too much thought put into them. As a result I have ended up with some extra food to use up

4. Line dried all the washing. I love the smell of line dried washing it smells like sunshine.


5. Used the warm up water from our shower to keep the giant potted figs out the front, hydrated


Over to you, whats your best 5 frugal things on a Friday?

I hope you have had a good week too, thanks, as always, for reading my ramblings and for the kind advice you have given me. I do read all the lovely comments, I just don't always get a chance to respond. Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments

  1. I've recently discovered your blog and as soon as I read your 'about me' I was nodding and thinking 'yes'. I know exactly what you mean about staying at home. I absolutely love being home, cooking, gardening, reading.........

    My five frugal things:

    - rode my bike six days, power walked every day. No more gym fees.

    - cleaned with homemade cleaners, no commercial cleaners at all.

    - cooked dinner every day and baked.

    - harvested some herbs and eggplant. Planted cauliflower, more herbs and a lemon tree. Broccoli is next.

    - completed our actual budget figures for March and noticed our food bill was a lot lower than forecast.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooler Autumn weather is just lovely, Fiona! So welcome after our scorching Summer. It's great that you can ride to/from your work. Forgoing a car offers up great savings. Here's my frugal list:
    * cooked all meals at home and made all lunches
    * line dried washing on sunny days, used line in garage and racks upstairs on overcast/wet days
    * planted some seedlings out - Tuscan kale, perpetual spinach and silverbeet
    * finished knitting a scarf that is a gift for a good friend
    * recieved a little rosella seedling as gift from a friend

    Enjoy your weekend. I'll be out in the garden planting a few more seedlings. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top