What we've been eating and buying lately

Hello Dear Reader,

With everything we have experienced lately I haven't done a menu, shopping list or indeed a proper shop in ages, I have just been picking up bit and pieces from the Markets on the weekend and the supermarket on my way home from work during the week, hoping to cobble together a meal. This week though I will get back into the groove of proper meal planning.

I haven't taken any photos of dinners for ages (except for the one below, taken before things went pear shaped) AND as  I haven't meal planned, I didn't write the menu in my diary either but I did keep my receipts and I will try and remember what we ate for dinners over the last three weeks. I can't remember exactly when we ate what but I will do my best to remember what we ate. The outlay below also includes lunches I made to take to the hospital. We also had one dinner out with my Daughter and her Partner before they left to go home to Cairns. Here goes-

What we spent

Butcher(Local and the weekend Markets)-$91.69

Fruit and veg(Markets)-$59.69

Markets-$48.75

Coles-$281.47

ALDI-$12.00

Dinner out-$145.00 (A very rare outing)

TOTAL-$638.60

What we ate

BBQ plus a spinach, feta and orange salad
Chicken and Hoisin Wraps wiht carrot and spring onion
Chicken soup
Mince and egg with steamed basmati rice and asian greens
Slow Cooked Chicken and Mushrooms with Linguini and Broccoli
BBQ steak with Spinach, Pumpkin and Feta salad
Shop bought BBQ Chicken with Coleslaw and fresh rolls
Fresh tuna on the BBQ with Asian Noodle Salad
Drunken Chicken with Steamed Basmati Rice and Asian Greens
Stuffed Cucumbers with Pork Mince and Shiitake mushrooms, steamed Basmati rice and Broccolini
Crab Sandwiches (A lovely friend gifted us Sand Crabs)
Spice Beef, steamed Basmati Rice and Asian Greens
Take away Pizza at the hospital one night
Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Curry

Unfortunately, that is all I can remember, so I am missing about a weeks worth of dinners, I promise, we did eat and it wasn't takeaway!

Over to you, what has been on your dinner table this week?

3 comments

  1. I think you did well to even cook and eat so much at home, given your recent circumstances. I hope life returns to a bit of routine and rhythm for you all now, strangely it offers up so much comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cheryl wholeheartedly! You thoughts and energy have been elsewhere during some very difficult times of late and it will take a bit of time to return to the balance you had before. It will emerge though as time passes. Meg Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are amazing Fiona, considering the recent events you have been through. Be kind to yourself, don't pressure yourself, and let the passing of time ease your burdens. Robyne xx

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top