Bee Gee's Way

Hello Dear Reader,

On Saturday I went down to the Redcliffe beach front to have my hair cut and for once, I was really early for my appointment, so I took a stroll through Bee Gee's Way. It was the first time I had seen this unique attraction completely empty and I thought it would be a good opportunity to take a little video of it. Bee Gees way was opened in February 2013 and then in September 2015, the second stage was opened. It is usually teaming with people and I think it was money well spent by our council, as it brings people from far and near.

I love all the Bee Gees music and most days, at home, you will find me working away with the Bee Gees music keeping me company. I think their music is unique and uplifting and I know we will never hear those kinds of voices ever again. They worked so well together and were really such a wonderful family, very close and supportive of each other. I grew up ballroom dancing and was young when the movie Saturday Night Fever came out, it was a huge phenomenon, even in our little dance studio. We boogied and strutted our stuff to this iconic music every Friday night at our weekly social dance. Hilarious stuff really and really daggy, but I still love them, all these years later.

I had the pleasure of meeting Barry Gibb when the second section of Bee Gees Way was opened and I was definitely star struck when I shook hands with him. It was such a wonderful day, beautifully organised by our council. We were able to get VIP tickets through some lovely friends of ours that knew someone who was one of the main organisers, not that we were VIP's, but it was fun to pretend for the day!

I hope you enjoy this little clip of one of my favourite places on the Redcliffe Peninsula, Bee Gees Way.

No comments

Back to Top