Smoked Salmon and Baked Eggs

Hello Dear Reader,

On weekdays I always have the same breakfast, homemade muesli, fruit and yoghurt and a cup of green tea, I love it and never tire of it. The fruit in my breakfast bowl changes with the seasons and I have it with either homemade or bought yoghurt, which ever is best value that particular week. But on the weekends we like to have something a bit more special. Most times we have an egg on toast with avocado and vegemite, but last Sunday, as it was Mothers day, I made an extra special breakfast of Smoked Salmon Baked Eggs. Oh my, so totally delicious and very fitting for a special occasion breakfast.

Our son had bought a small, 100 gram packet of Smoked Salmon, while we were away camping, a few week ago, but he hadn't used it. So I snaffled it up and used it in this simple breakfast. You only need a small amount of smoked salmon per person for this recipe.

Ingredients for Smoked Salmon Baked Eggs, 1 tablespoon cream per egg, one egg per serve, herb of your choice, I used dill, but chives, tarragon or parsley would also work, butter for ramekins and smoked salmon, I used 100 grams for five serves

Butter ramekins well, place a slice of smoked salmon in the bottom of the ramekin and top with herb of choice

Crack an egg over the smoked salmon and top with 1 tablespoon of cream

Bake in a foil covered water bath at 180C for 10 to 15 minutes, keep an eye on them as you want the whites and the yolks just set

I served ours with buttered toast, slices of avocado and chilli jam. Such a special breakfast for a special day.

What is your "special occasion" breakfast?


No comments

Back to Top