This Weeks 5 Frugal Things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

Well, that week went by quickly, both work and home seem to be a busy place at the moment, lots to get done,  jobs big and small, all adding up to busy days. I think we are all feeling it as the days are much shorter and of course so much colder here with winter well and truly upon us. The days have been glorious though with clear blue skies, and the mornings and evenings really quite cold. I know we have nothing to grumble about with our daily temperatures reaching lows of 11C and highs of 20C.

Of course, I am craving warming, slow cooked meals with the cooler temperatures and have made a lovely simple beef stew last Sunday and this Sunday I will be making a huge pot of Feijoada for an early family dinner. We will spend some time together in the afternoon followed by a super early dinner so my Niece and her little family can get home early.

My days are so repetitive, which is good and not so good in turns. I get up and go to bed at the same time everyday, I am at work from 7.30 until 4, home by 4.10, a quick cuppa and then it is on with house work and dinner before collapsing into bed by 8. I am a creature of habit but that also means most of my days are very similar. I do live a very small, frugal life and I am thankful for my simple days, again that means not having a lot happening in my life. Boring? Maybe, but it is the way I have chosen to live. I don't keep up with the latest trends, I don't go shopping unless I really need something, I tread lightly on our earth, I stay home instead of going out and I feel happy and content with the way my life is going. I don't need any more than that.

This is what I have been up to on the frugal front-

1. Made a lovely warming dessert out of some daggy bananas. I used this recipe


2. Made this simple but really delicious dessert, it was such a hit I made another one to take to work for our monthly morning tea. I had all the ingredients at home already so, no outlay of money 


3. Used the stems of the silverbeet to make this really tasty dish. No waste. SWEET!


4. Picked some Bok Choy from the garden to go with dinner. It is the one and only green veg I seem to be able to grow well!


5. Ate down the fridge, we used up all the little bits of leftover food, fruit and veg to make sure there was no waste. We will shop tomorrow and this is what my fridge and fruit bowl look like as of this morning




Thats my frugal things, over to you.

No comments

Back to Top