What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

As I mentioned yesterday I had made a beautiful big pot of pumpkin soup which kept on giving, so it was another week of not really cooking a lot, which I just loved. There is something to be said for having dinner already sorted at the beginning of your day. I also made a big pot of cabbage rolls which fed us for two nights as well. I love this dish but I didn't have a recipe for it, I did have a good look though, hoping it would be amongst the reams of loose, hand written recipes, from my husbands Nanna and Grandmother.  But unfortunately it wasn't.

All the recipes I found online weren't really close to what I remember, so I just went on memory. It was lovely Hubby's Mum that actually used to make it, but the original recipe was from Gran. Lovely Hubby's late Mum was a wonderful cook but she didn't have recipes for all the dishes she made, in fact now that we have started to go through some of the stuff in her home (next door to us) I haven't seen one recipe book! How funny! Never mind, the cabbage rolls turned out pretty close to how I remember having them and everyone enjoyed them. They were lovely and warming to have on a cold night.

What we bought
Shopping from Coles

Shopping from Aldi

Mince from Marjax Meats at Rothwell, they are happy to put the meat in containers I bought in from home

Shopping from Northside Discount Fruit Barn

What we spent
Coles-$31.77

Aldi-32.50

Marjax Meats-$13.90

Northside Discount Fruit Barn-$64.64

Total-$142.81

What we ate
Saturday, Monday and Wednesday-Pumpkin Soup with toast and butter

Sunday and Tuesday-Cabbage Rolls with steamed basmati rice

Thursday-Easy Beef Rendang with steamed basmati rice, papadums and chutney

Friday-Stir Fried Prawns with snow pea, bean sprouts and green onion with egg noodles. Lovely hubby gets the prawns direct from the trawler owner on a barter system. Sweet!

One Year Ago-Norfolk Island

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you have a lovely weekend. I love to read your comments, they are always so positive and supportive. Thank you. 

3 comments

  1. All those meals look delicious. Feeling a bit under the weather today so think I'll make a big batch of soup too. Love your blog thanks for posting regularly always cheers me up to see someone else enjoying home life. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona do you have a recipe for the Beef Rendang please? Regards Robyne - S.A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyne,
      I have posted that recipe today. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top