Sunday, 16 July 2017

Here and Now 3

Hello Dear Reader,

A dull, rainy morning at our place, I just love it! It means I won't have to use our precious tank water to hose the garden. I took this photo just before publishing this "Here and Now" blog post

I have been sort of on auto pilot this week as it has been very busy and stressful at work and lets face it, no matter how peaceful and organised your home is, it is not where most of us spend our days. I do try and bring order and calm to the work place but mostly it is out of my control, all I can do is bring my best to work each day and hope it all works out at the end of the day.

That is why I love doing this "Here and Now" reflection from "Say Little Hen" I love to focus on the good stuff and minimise any negative things that may enter my life.

Loving//falling into bed really early each night and sleeping so deeply, I think of sleep as the best beauty treatment ever

Eating//warm bowls of homemade soup with homemade bread and lashings of butter


Drinking//cup after cup of herbal teas-mint, liquorice and homemade rosella tea


Feeling//exhausted from a big week at work

Making//a simple dessert of whipped cream, strawberries and grated chocolate to use up some perishables in the fridge (not that chocolate has ever gone to waste)


Thinking//that I simply can't wait for my upcoming long service leave. I am having 5 weeks off, it will be just amazing

Dreaming//of what life would be like if I didn't have to go back to work, ever.

What are your "Here and Now" thoughts?

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

One Year Ago-Sourdough-Revisted

8 comments:

  1. Isn't the rain just beautiful this morning! I love to think of all that water flowing into our water tanks ready for the dry days of the Summer. I am sure you are going to enjoy your 5weeks of long service leave, taking that time to make a dream come true, knowing that you've worked hard to make that happen. Have a lovely, rainy Sunday. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodmorning Meg,
      I am pretty sure we have had enough rain so as I won't need to water. I will go out a bit later and check the soil for dampness. I still can't believe I am going to have all that time off work, it seems like a dream. I think they will have to drag me back, kicking and screaming. Have a lovely Sunday.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. I know the dream about not having to go back to work- I seem to be feeling that so much recently. Less than three years till I can retire but the closer it gets the more I yearn for it. I work with a lovely team and usually enjoy my work but still want to be at home full time soon.I'm boiling a lemon ready to make the Lemon/ Lime Mascarpone Cake you posted and will make ice cream this afternoon too. Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      I hope you love the cake, I am making another one this week to use up the rest of the mascarpone. Early retirement is really just a dream at this stage, I will certainly enjoy my time away from work though. What flavour ice cream are you making ?
      Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  3. Great you had good rain! We need more rain in Melbourne. How did you improve your sleep? Busyness stress and out of whack hormones wreaks havoc with my sleep would love a night where I actually fall asleep deeply and peacefully. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina,
      I went for years of not sleeping, looking back I really don't know how I managed. It was an hormonal imbalance which is now thankfully under control. I take, what is called, a Bio Identical hormone replacement. I have been on it for about four years now and feel amazing. I have blogged about it under the blog title of "How I manage my menopause. I went through menopause early due to a hysterectomy years ago. The doctor I go to is Dr Colin Holloway and he had a web site full of factual info. I hope this helps. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, it sounds like work has been very trying for you!! Lucky you have your leave to look forward to :-)
    Your post made me rather hungry, I would love a big bowl of soup right now.

    Thanks so much for joining in again Fiona!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing I had strawberries to use up, and yes chocolate never goes to waste in my house either.

    ReplyDelete