Thursday, 6 July 2017

How I Roast Capsicums

Hello Dear Reader,

Last Saturday, when we went to the Rothwell Discount Fruit Barn, they had kilo bags of beautiful red and ripe capsicum, for $2.99, what a bargain, I really only needed one capsicum for a recipe but this special was too good to walk past. I decided to roast a few of the capsicums and this is the easiest way I know how to make them. There is no blistering them on an open flame, I know it is dramatic but I can replicate that flavour without all the fuss,

Slice into chunky pieces and de-seed 3 large or 5 small capsicums and put them into a bowl

Season well with salt and pepper and pour over 2 tablespoons of oil 
(I use rice bran oil for everything)

Place on a lined oven tray and roast in a 200C oven for 30 minutes 

Or until slightly blackened and very soft

Put into a bowl, straight from the oven

Cover well with foil and then place a plate on top. Let roasted capsicums steam in the foiled bowl for 10 minutes 

The skins will peel off easily. It is easier to peel if you start with a pointy end of the roasted capsicum piece. 

Roasted capsicums add so much flavour to sweetness to any dish, I just love them.

Have a lovely Thursday

One Year Ago-What we bought, spent and ate 06/07/2016

1 comment:

  1. That looks easy, Fiona. We don't eat a lot of capsicum here, usually because they are so expensive at times. We do grow some in the garden over the Summer so this would be a good way to use them. Thanks for posting the process. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete