Sunday, 9 July 2017

Roasted Capsicum Hummus

Hello Dear Reader,


I love hummus so much, I make a big bowlful almost weekly and easily finish it half way through the week, you can find my recipes for hummus here, here and here and today I will share this fabulous Roasted Capsicum Hummus recipe with you. There is so much depth of flavour from the roasted capsicum, it is just amazing. I use my roasted mixed nut butter instead of Tahini as I find Tahini a little bitter and the nut butter adds a beautiful texture and of course flavour. I also use lime instead of traditional lemon as I have an abundance of limes growing at the moment and I really can't tell the difference in the final dish.

Ingredients for Roasted Capsicum Hummus, clockwise from top right-
1 teaspoon ground cumin, juice of 1/2 a lime, 2 cloves of garlic, grated on a microplane, 1/2 cup of roasted capsicum strips, 1 can of rinsed and drained chickpeas or homemade equivalent, salt and pepper to taste, 1 to 2 tablespoon nut butter of choice or tahini, 2 tablespoons oil

Add everything to a food processor and blitz until super smooth

Yum! So great for dipping or spreading

Have a lovely Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment