This Weeks 5 Frugal Things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

I only have two working weeks left before I take some much anticipated, long service leave. It still doesn't feel real, firstly that I am having more than one week off (I am having five weeks off in total) and that we are going to Alaska and Canada for two of those weeks. As I mentioned a while ago, this is our trip of a lifetime and it will probably be a very long time before we do something like this again. We are all sorted in regards to clothing and footwear, I have booked all the land tours, visa's are approved, passports ready, some Canadian dollars have been ordered and we are on the countdown now. 

I have kept up our simple frugal life, to continue saving money where we can, in order to be able to afford something wonderful, like this holiday. We keep a tight rein on our spending and know what bills are coming in each week, so there are no surprises. I have seen this theme over and over with other blogs I follow, living a small thrifty life in order to be able to achieve their dreams. A holiday home in France for Frugal Queen, a new kitchen for Wendy, at My Abundant Life, a new life in the country and the joy or working from home for The Frugal Weirdos (their term, not mine) from The Frugal Woods, an end of year holiday, in the place she loves most, for Meg at A Hopeful Nature, a student loan, paid off in full, by Mrs Picky Pincher and lastly, tending an abundant garden and creating a beautiful, simple life with her big family for Brandy at The Prudent Homemaker.

Here is what I have been up to on the frugal front-

1. Roasted an abundance of red Capsicum to make an exceptional Roasted Capsicum Hummus we have enjoyed all week


2. Made two loaves of light rye bread to see us through the week


3. Picked two meals worths of asian greens from the veggie pod


4. Fed, watered and turned the compost bin


5. Made a wonderful Carrot and Coriander Soup that fed us for two dinners and lots of lunches for me at work. I bought the 1 kg bag of organic carrots at a greatly reduce price.


Have you got a story to share about how being thrifty enables you to reach you goals? I would love to hear about it.

Have a lovely Friday.

One Year Ago-Roast Pumpkin Hummus

1 comment

  1. I see you got yourself a compost turner thingy, how do you like it?

    For me being thrifty means I don't have to work at full time employment, and that makes me very happy indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top