What a week! Work has been super busy, with a heavy work load and I have been coming home just exhausted, doing what needs to be done and falling into bed really early. At least I am sleeping well, it is the only way I have gotten through this week, I think. My co-worker has been away this week and we weren't able to get someone else to cover his role, I have had some of the other assistants dig deep and help me out, as well as completing their own roles, what a wonderful team we have! It makes coming to work a pleasure.
As I have only been doing the essentials at home, there isn't many exciting things happening on the frugal front, but here is what I achieved this week.
1. Made another spray bottle of toilet cleaner, no nasty chemicals, cheap as chips to make and very effective
2. Had an "On Toast" dinner one night, it was a can of Mexican beans, that I had bought from the Golden Circle Outlet, with cheese and an egg on avocado and vegemite toast. Delicious and cheap.
3. My darling sister and I went to the "Le Festival" at Southbank on Sunday. Why is that frugal? Because we had free admission tickets, we both travelled by train using our Go-cards, we shared lunch, we both bought our water bottles from home and we didn't buy anything from the many lovely stalls there. Although many things caught my eye, they were also very expensive, such as beautiful linen tea towels for $25.00 and gorgeous tablecloths for over $250.00. Just being there on the day was enough for us.
4. Made a loaf of my 5 minute bread to go with soup for dinner one night. I started it off in the morning before I left for work and as it was a very cold day, left it to prove all day. It was bubbly and gorgeous by the time I got home and baked it. This was a light rye loaf.
5. Packed my morning tea and lunch for work every day, simple and delicious.
So that was my 5 frugal things this week, over to you, what have you been able to achieve this week on the frugal front?
Have a lovely day.