Saturday, 29 July 2017

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

I am posting an extra one today as I don't know when I will have access to a computer due to travelling. Yep, we are off on our trip today. So below is a wrap up of what we have bought, spent and ate this last week. I have been using up any perishable foods to make sure there is no waste. Our Son will be taking care of the house, our cat, Ninja and the two little fluffies, next door. He is more than capable of cooking himself dinner and I know he won't starve. 

What we bought
Shopping from Northside Discount Fruit Barn

Shopping from Coles

Shopping from Aldi

Meat from Marjax Meats, Rothwell

What we spent
Northside Discount Fruit Barn-$23.47
Coles-$55.35 + some extras picked up during the week (not pictured) $44.61
Aldi-$52.50
Marjax Meats-$64.10

TOTAL-$184.68 again, higher than I would like but we did have a family dinner of a Lamb Roast with all the trimmings and it easily fed 8 of us, with left overs for the boys lunches the next day

Saturday-Mexican Beans and an egg on toast

Sunday-Lamb Roast with Roasted Potato and Pumpkin, Cauliflower in cheese sauce, steamed Broccoli with home made gravy and mint sauce. And for dessert I made a Sticky Date Pudding. I was too busy enjoying myself with my little family, that I completely forgot to take a photo.

Monday-Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder

Tuesday-Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara with Angel Hair Pasta and steamed Broccoli

Wednesday-Panfried Pearl Perch with easy Potato Bake and Green Beans with Balsamic dressing

Thursday-Thai Yellow Chicken Curry, oh my this was so delicious, if I had another stomach I would have went back for more. This delicious curry was made by our Sons Girlfriend, it was such a blessing not to have to cook as I was still busy packing.



2 comments:

  1. Have a lovely, wonderful, exciting holiday, Fiona! Safe travels! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Turkish bread...slice it right down the centre, spread it with butter, then minced garlic and then a little grated cheese...pop it in the oven till golden brown. THE perfect comfort food (I promise!)

    ReplyDelete