Saturday, 8 July 2017

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

It's that time of the week again, it comes around quickly doesn't? I hope this is a kind of post that everyone likes, I know I like to see what other people are eating and paying for food in different parts of the world. I do try and have variety in our weekly menu, however, our staples of fish and at least one vegetarian dinner show up week in week out.

As you may have noticed we have ditched the Sunday morning market in lieu of going to the Rothwell Discount Fruit Barn and the independent butcher in this shopping centre (Marjax Meats) The fruit barn is such good value and every week there is something different on a spectacular special and the butcher will happily fill my containers that I bring in from home and their prices are excellent.

Now on with what we bought, ate and spent.

What we bought

Shopping from Coles

Shopping from ALDI

Shopping from Rothwell Discount Fruit Barn

What we spent

Coles-$42.15 + $4.00 on Tuesday for Mascarpone for a cake recipe ( A divine whole Lime Cake I made for a co-workers Birthday)

ALDI-$69.25

Rothwell Discount Fruit Barn-$39.77

TOTAL-$151.17-not too shabby
What we ate

Saturday-Pork and Red Bean Curd with home grown Mustard Greens

Sunday and Monday-Carrot and Coriander Soup

Tuesday-Pork Sausages with Colcannon

Wednesday-Tempura Whiting with home grown Bok Choy

Thursday-Quick and Easy, Bacon and Broccoli Penne with toasted sunflower seeds and parmesan

Friday-Capsicum, Broccoli and Red Lentil Coconut Curry with steamed Basmati rice, papadums and chutney

Thursday and Fridays dinners were, new to me, recipes and both were winners. I will be posting both of these really simple and delicious recipes soon. 

I hope you have a lovely weekend, chock full of things you love to do.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are going to post the recipe for Bacon and Broccoli Penne, that is our kind of meal around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that penne recipe too! It soudns delicious. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete