Where I Live

Hello Dear Reader,


I spend most of my days between home and work, not seeing much else for weeks or months on end, which is such a shame, when I live in a beautiful place like Redcliffe. Redcliffe is about a half hour drive from Brisbane, Queensland's capital city. We love it, it still has that small, beach side feel and anywhere you live, is not far from a beach. Redcliffe is a peninsula, surrounded by water on three sides and is just spectacular at this time of year. The seas are flat and tranquil as far as the eye can see and there are loads of people out and about enjoying the sunshine.




I really must make an effort and get down to the beach more often, it lifts my spirits like nothing else can and I always come away recharged and de-stressed. I took these photos on Monday and Tuesday, while we were running some errands and going to very boring (read tax agent) appointments. We are so very lucky to have some very old and huge trees all along the beach front, mainly Norfolk Pines and Moreton Bay Fig trees, with many natives as well.






We have a whole park that was built around very old and gnarled Cotten Tree's, in fact that is what the park is called, Cotten Tree Park. The trees are just wonderful for kids to climb, my kids loved it when they were young. It is always full of families celebrating birthdays and family get togethers.




Yesterday I had to run an errand down the other end of the peninsula, along Margate beach, again I was greeted by beautiful blue water and gleaming sunshine, the warmth of the sun on my back was glorious and again I wondered why on earth don't I get down here more often. It is maybe a 10 minute drive to Margate beach and is where lovely Hubby and son have their business. This is the view from their clinic.




And lastly, this is the walk I do with the dogs of a weekend but as I am on holidays at the moment the little fluffies have been enjoying this longer walk everyday. On Sunday we had a family dinner and my little Grandnieces always love to take the dogs for a walk, the afternoon was still warm and it was just lovely. My darling sister bought her little dog down for a ride as well, she has a little Bichon Frise called Remy, he hates being left at home. 




My darling Sister, Niece and one of my Grandnieces, the other little one was too busy walking one of the dogs to stop, apparently😉

8 comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous part of the world Fiona and it's right at your doorstep each and every day. I'd imagine a lot of relaxed people walking around.
    You all look so happy in your photo. You and your sister are so alike. Lovely photos.
    One more sleep now.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie,
      Yes it is a lovely spot, when ever I have to drive anywhere I try and go the beach front way to soak in the view. Oh my, I am so excited but I really have to get packing now, I have everything laid out, I just need to get into the bedroom and pack, talk about last minute! And yes my sister and I are so alike in many many ways. She is my rock and my best friend, I love her deeply. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous! I went done a rabbit hole following links, reading about your beautiful country. I'd like to see Australia, some day.
    We live in a beautiful part of Michigan. This time of the year we're over-run with tourists. Do you have that problem? We may move in a few years: it's too much sometimes. Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      We don't seem to get too many tourists , mainly day trippers, every Sunday every available bit of coastal beach is taken up by families having a picnic or get together in Redcliffe. There are so many parks that are well equipped and well taken care of by the council. We love it. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  3. We have visited Redcliffe often and it's such a lovely place for families. I used to take my boy, when he was very small, to Sutton's Beach to play in the waves and on the sand. You are very lucky to live close to the sea, Fiona. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suttons beach is such a safe and clean beach to swim at in Redcliffe, it is so very popular on the weekends. I know we are lucky to live so close, I just need to make time to enjoy it. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  4. What beautiful beaches - the sea looks very inviting. Lovely to see the family photo. Have a great holiday. We are off on our jollidays tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      Jollidays! I love it, I have never heard them called that before. I hope you have a lovely holiday too.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top