Easy Golden Curry Paste

Hello Dear Reader,


I found this recipe over at "A Pinch of Yum" but it was called "life-changing 30 minute masala sauce" now I don't feel that this curry paste will change your life and I don't think I have the authority to call it an authentic masala paste, so I will just call it "easy golden curry paste" cause that is what it is. It just happens to be amazingly easy and so, so delicious.

I think the flavour of this gorgeously golden curry paste would lend itself to all sorts of protein, pork, beef, fish or tofu, the skies the limit. I did fiddle with the recipe a bit, not adding so much heat to begin with. I think it is easier to add more chilli, than try and tame it down at the end. I also changed the lemon in the original recipe, for lime, as that is what I have at home, and I prefer lime to lemon anyway.

And did I mention it is easy? Just throw all the ingredients together in a food processor and blitz away. It makes about 2 cups of golden curry paste,  and after making an amazing chicken curry with it, I froze the rest in 1/2 cup quantities ready for the next time we feel like a curry.

Tomorrow I will post the recipe of how to turn this wonderful golden curry paste into an amazing curry sauce for all sorts of protein.

Ingredients for "Easy Golden Curry Paste", clockwise from top left-
2 teaspoons of salt, 3 tablespoons of Garam Masala, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground clove, 1 tablespoon ground chilli, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon turmeric (not pictured) 2 tablespoons ginger, grated on a microplane, the stems and root from a bunch of coriander, juice of one lime, 5 fat cloves of garlic, grated on a microplane, 2 brown onions, quartered, a good handful of almonds

Add all ingredients to a food processor

And blitz, scrape down sides and blitz again until smooth. Pour and scrape into a jar, use within a week or freeze in 1/2 cup quantities

Easy Golden Curry Paste

It is truly so good and so easy, give it a whirl, you will love it.

What is your favourite curry?

Have a lovely Monday





4 comments

  1. Thanks for this recipe Fiona as I'm a huge curry fan. Can you store it in the fridge and if so how long?
    Looking forward to your sauce tomorrow.
    My favourite is Chicken Coconut Curry on cauliflower rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie,
      You can store it in the fridge for 1week, but I froze mine in 1/2 cup quantities. The sauce is simple and delicious.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. My favourite is Butter Chicken - so wicked and so scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, Penny you are so right, butter chicken is so yummy. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top