Here and now 5

Hello Dear Reader,

Welcome to this months Here and Now, with many thanks to Sarah from "Say Little Hen" for starting this lovely little thread of mindfulness, I just love it. The month certainly rolls around quickly and taking the time to reflect is important to me. We all live a fast life these days, even those of us trying to live a slow simple one. We are all affected by life, no matter how much we try and remove ourselves from the mainstream living. I try and limit too much real life from coming into mine, I don't actively go shopping, I don't watch a lot of TV (Landline and Gardening Australia mostly) we don't go out to dinner or lunch (only on rare occasions) I actively de-clutter whenever I have the opportunity and don't put emphasis on things or belongings. I am striving for a small, simple and thankful life, one that I can look back over and feel happy and proud of, when I am older.

This act of mindfulness is a joy to do, and one which takes not too much time at all, the answers are usually just sitting beneath my conscience thought, sitting there quietly in my busy brain.

Loving//That my Spring cleaning is just about done


Eating//Lighter dinners now that it is a bit warmer


Drinking-lots and lots of water, I am trying to shed a few kilo's after our holiday, where I ate copious amounts of Creme Brûlées!


Feeling-like I need another holiday

Making-home made nut butter, lime and passionfruit butter and chickpea and coriander dip


Thinking-that I really need to get into my sewing room and make some headway on the quilt for my grand niece (It was supposed to be finished for her 4th birthday in August)

Dreaming-of a large productive garden and a tiny house somewhere in my future

Pop on over to Sarah's lovely blog, her photos are truly beautiful and see what everyone else has been up to for their "Hear and Now"this month

Have a lovely day

One Year Ago-My Plastic Replacement for September

13 comments

  1. I love the look of your salad Fiona. Do you have a recipe?
    Don't you just love that miracle spray. I use eucalyptus oil and the scent it leaves is so refreshing and clean.
    I'm loving the slightly (ever so slightly) warmer weather. Not so many layers needed and I feel a lot more free.
    Have a great day.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Kylie,
      It's a Caesar salad with added avo and eggs on top, I use all the usual suspects, cos lettuce, shaved Parmesan cheese, oven baked croutons made with whatever bread I have in the house, bacon( I cook the bacon in a single layer in a hot oven, no splattering bacon fat everywhere) and I make the dressing with a stab blender. If you search for Caesar salad in the search box I have linked the recipe I use for the dressing with the addition of Dijon mustard. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. Your Caesar salad looks delicious, Fiona. We eat a lot of salad here and so to that end I have cherry tomatoes seedlings to plant in pots on weekend and Lebanese cucumber seedlings to plant in garden this weekend. Isn't it windy today...it's blowing a gale here! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Evening Meg,
      Holy moly, it certainly did blow a gale today, I came home to some of our potted fruit trees blow over, what a mess. I must get onto planting out some seeds for spring, I have some saved seeds from the little Bellino tomatoes and fancy lettuce I grew last Summer. With the price of Lebanese cucumbers I really should grow some of those too, they are quite expensive. Have a lovely evening.
      Fi

      Delete
  3. That salad does look amazing. I could quite happily eat that for dinner right now- Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Belinda, I was channeling Jamie Oliver and his amazing way of making and serving salads, it was totally delicious.
      Fi

      Delete
  4. Hello, your salad looks delicious.. It is really fun to write here&now..
    Greetings xx
    Ezgi from ezgissimo.blogspot.com.tr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ezgi,
      I followed the "breadcrumbs" as Rhonda from "Down to Earth" calls it, to your beautiful blog. Your photos are just lovely, I also love joining in for Sarah's Here and Now posts, I really enjoy the experience. Have a lovely day. Fi

      Delete
  5. I love your blog name. staying home is always my first choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodmorning Ann,
      Thanks for the lovely compliment, I love the name too, because it is what I want and love more than anything. A whole day at home is bliss. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  6. Oooh :) I had to wander into your "Cleaning" tab and see what was in your little bottles of Miracles. I do so love the smell of Eucalyptus. I used to use it often for cleaning and laundry when we lived in Australia. So fresh and energising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodmorning,
      I love this Miracle Spray, you can use it on anything (although not timber or varnished furniture) I have just finished my spring cleaning and this cleaner did everything. Walls, skirting boards, window sills, on top of kitchen cupboards (yuk) I also use it in the laundry for stains and pongs. I have two fishermen so I need all the help I can get in the laundry. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for joining in Fiona. I would love to have some creme brulee - YUM! And that lime and passionfruit butter sounds delicious too!

    Happy new week,
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top