Simple Baked Mango Cheesecake

Hello Dear Reader,


It was our Son's 29th birthday last Saturday and he requested a Baked Mango Cheesecake for his "Birthday Cake" so I just googled those exact words and chose the one that was the easiest to make and with the least amount of ingredients. I am all about keeping it simple.

Now, apparently, years ago, I made an extraordinary baked cheese cake, one that our son just loved, remembers very fondly and he really wanted me to make that particular one again. Well, I searched high and low, looked back over countless food photos from special occasions, looked through all my recipe books and torn out bits of paper and I couldn't find it, so I gave up and went todays terrific recipe.

I love the texture of a baked cheesecake and this one is wonderful, it is just soft and sweet enough without being too rich and the simple biscuit base virtually makes itself. With our Mango season in full swing and prices going down it also didn't break the bank to make.

Ingredients for Simple Baked Mango Cheesecake, clockwise from top left-
250 gram of Digestive biscuits, 2 x blocks Philadelphia Cheese (I use Aldi brand) at room temperature, 80 gram butter, melted, 2 large eggs, at room temperature, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup lime juice and 3 mangoes (I used the Calypso variety)

In a food processor, blitz the Digestive biscuits until a fine crumb is reached

Add the melted butter

Blitz until all biscuit crumb is wet with butter

Grease the sides and line the bottom of a 20cm springform tin

Pour the biscuit crumb mixture into the prepared tin and press with the back of a spoon to smooth, pop in the fridge to chill

In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the 2 blocks Philly, eggs, lime juice and sugar

Whisk until smooth and silky

Smooth and silky

Chop 2 of the mangoes

 And add to the cream cheese mixture

Gently fold through

Pour and scrape over prepared biscuit base

And bake for 40 minutes at 160C, keep an eye on it though, I really should have taken mine out at about 35 minutes, it should be just set but not coloured like mine is on the edges. Let cool completely in tin before releasing springform. Also, run a sharp knife around the edge before you release it. 

Slice the remaining mango in a way that pleases you and decorate the top or simply serve with the baked cheesecake

Such a lovely cheesecake, light and luscious, not too sweet and the texture is like velvet. What's not to love?

Have a lovely day

One Year Ago-How to make a cutlery wrap

Yesterday was a spend-y day, we went into China town to top up on our Asian groceries
Total-$180.90 Yikes, lucky we only go about once or twice a year! I think this no-spend month is not working, what do you think?

4 comments

  1. That looks divine, Fiona. Cheesecake is a favourite here, I make it for practically every special occasion because it is my husband's favourite. I think I might make this our Xmas dessert this year as I know everyone would love it. Thanks for the recipe! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, I think you will love it, it is so light and luscious.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. Great recipe! I make a cake from one of the Great British Bake Off books which uses mango and I use tinned mango which works really well. Mangoes here can be expensive and not always fully ripe so we could substitute tinned for fresh or just use a fresh one for the decoration on top.
    Don't be too hard on yourself about the no spend month- you will have cut down spending which is to be applauded. We're all ' working towards' aren't we.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, we take our mango season for granted, I think! Thanks for your words of encouragement, I think I chose the wrong month to do this challenge. Have a lovely day.
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top